EWYE VEGAN BURGER
by Jessica Lee
It’s the moment you have all been waiting for… the recipe for ‘The ultimate EWYE Vegan Burger’
Our ultimate burgers are topped with vegan cheese, pulled jackfruit, smashed avocado and vegan chipotle mayo.
Recipe based on 4 burgers
•Burger packs x 2 (4 patty’s) (you can grab these from Tesco’s)
• 4 Vegan burger buns
• 4 Tbsp Vegan mayo
• 1 Tsp Chipotle paste (unless you want it hotter)
• 1 Avocado, mashed
• 1 Clove Smoked garlic, Crushed
• 4 Large gem lettuce leaves
• 1 Sliced red onion
• 1 Sliced large tomato
The jackfruit BBQ pulled pork
•BBQ pulled Jackfruit
• 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
• 1 Red onion finely chopped
• 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 Tsp ground cumin
• 2 Tsp smoked paprika
• 1 Tsp garlic powder
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 Tsp tabasco
• 400g Tin of jack fruit (Sainsburys)
• 6 Tbsp BBQ sauce (make sure it doesn’t contain honey)
• 200g Passata
1. Fry the onion and spices in the veg oil until the onions are soft
2. Add cider vinegar, tabasco, BBQ sauce, passata and 200ml water. Simmer for 2-3 mins until well combined
3. Add drained pulled jackfruit and simmer for 30-40 mins stirring every 5-10 mins to help break down the jackfruit. Once the jackfruit is soft enough you should be able to pull this with a fork until it has a pulled pork constancy. You can add another tablespoon of BBQ sauce at this point if you like to make it extra sticky!
The Chipotle vegan mayo
Mix the vegan mayo and Chipotle paste together – easy! 😊
The Smashed avocado
Peal and destone the avocado and put into a bowl. Add the crushed smoked garlic and crush with a fork until desired consistence is reached.
1. Cook the patty as per instructions – you can do this on a camp stove If you want the same experience as us!
2. Cut bun in half and smear a layer of the Chipotle mayo on the bottom bun
3. Next layer the gem lettuce, sliced onion and tomato
4. Add the cooked burger
5. Top with the warm BBQ jackfruit and smashed avocado
6. Pop on the bun lid and dig in!
We served ours with vegan corn tortillas and vegan soft drinks.
WE WANT TO SEE YOUR BURGERS!
When your burger is insta ready and you’re uploading a beautiful image to social tag us, we would love to see it!